Wednesday, January 17, 2024

A NYC Regional Game Plan, Initial Stage

 

I-684 Tunnel with restored NYWB from the Dyre Avenue IRT to Westchester County Airport & I-687 Tunnel across Eastchester to I-87, with extension via Hastings on Hudson Bridge to the Palisades Parkway.

I-80 Tunnel along the NJ Northern RR corridor, arcing east to a new Alpine NJ to Yonkers NY at Bridge Street, entering tunnel beneath Yonkers Ridge, with initial stage to connections to and from the north to the Cross County Parkway and new underground connections to and from the north with I-87, with design continuation for a new set of expressway tunnels to Yonkers Raceway Park and along 2nd Street in Mt Vernon, connecting to the I-684 Tunnel, and with a tunnel along the south side of the Metro North through Pelham, connecting to and from the north in New Rochelle with I-95, with MANDATORY stubs through the retail area next to New Rochelle Chevrolet (the former Sears site), for a tunnel continuation buried underwater to a new causeway with tunnel enclosure and bridge, for a enclosed tunnel box along the Sands Point peninsula's eastern shore buried beneath new beach for the ultimate in mitigation.

No comments: